Wednesday 23 December 2015

“LET ME BRAG…” (PSALM 91)


images.jpg 
What? … Brag to me about how 'reekingly' rich your family is, how clearly clever  your cousins not to talk of ... or how very versatile you are?

Then, you proceed to swank about your conglomerate of businesses, your fleet of cars or how you change your top-notch outfits thrice a day.

I’m sure these are the questions the title today seems to draw out especially when the Bible warns us against that.
Well, the above are all ‘things’ which are really needed but after taking you through this ride, you’ll understand the above are even the minutest of things.

They will be hardly mentioned and even in most passages it is supplementary.

The key ingredient here is the immense power we possess, the joy, peace, security and unshakeable reliance on the unfailing one.

I’m sure you remember who this extract is all about “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness…”

Yes, it is about our LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
What does the subsequent verse say “… and all other things shall be added unto you.”  (Matt. 6:33)

Jealousy and Bragging are bad things as God himself tells us. However, our God is exempted from this and only he, has the exclusive right to be called a jealous God.

In the same way, we have that right to brag and boast about God and be alienated from sinning. (2 Cor. 1017)

So, you get the drift now. I’m pointing to none other than my Dad. (Yes, the one you know as God or the Lord God Almighty)

G.jpgI have ten (10) solid BRAGS (B) about my DAD.

 As we go into them, be mindful that they're not just your normal brags, declare them in faith &solidify or see manifold blessings it will bring upon your life. Let's go:

(B1) I brag about him because I have a MOST HIGH, THE ALMIGHTY who himself is a SHELTER FOR ME. A safe haven always providing that needed rest free from any fears, worries and doubts.
Well, unless I CHOOSE NOT TO DWELL IN.

(B 2) Again, I swank about him because in all this life I can say he is MY REFUGE AND MY FORTRESS. MY ONE AND ONLY GOD IN WHOM I TRUST.

(B3) Do you know why I can unreservedly boast about him without thinking because he tells me that he is the only one who can SURELY SAVE ME FROM THE FOWLER’S SNARE AND FROM THE DEADLY PESTILENCE.

(B4) I blow his horn all the time because just like a bird does, HE COVERS ME WITH HIS FEATHERS AND UNDER HIS WINGS I FIND REFUGE. ABOVE ALL, HIS FAITHFULNESS HAS BEEN MY SHIELD AND RAMPART.

(B5) I speak about him loudly because with him, I never have TO FEAR THE TERROR OF NIGHT, NOR THE ARROW THAT FLIES BY DAY, NOR THE PESTILENCE THAT STALKS IN THE DARKNESS, NOR THE PLAGUE THAT DESTROYS AT MIDDAY.
index.png
(B6) I crow about him again and again and again BECAUSE A THOUSAND FALLS AT MY SIDE AND ANOTHER AT MY RIGHT HAND BUT IT CAN NEVER COME NEAR ME.
Simply, this is because my God is with me and he only leads me to OBSERVE WITH MY EYES AND SEE THE PUNISHMENT OF THE WICKED.

(B 7) I sing of his praises forever because forever and ever THE MOST HIGH TELLS ME HE IS MY REFUGE. And that if only I MAKE HIM MY DWELLING THEN NO HARM WILL BEFALL ME AND NO DISASTER WILL COME NEAR MY TENT.

(B8) Once more, I talk big about him because he has special ANGELS CONCERNING ME AND COMMAND THEM TO GUARD ME IN ALL MY WAYS.(Aaah, no wonder I always…)

(B9) This is why I pride myself with him because with these ANGELS HE LIFTS ME UP IN THEIR HANDS SO THAT I WILL NOT STRIKE MY FOOT AGAINST A STONE. More so, THOU I TREAD THE GREAT LION, COBRA AND SERPENT, I TRAMPLE OVER THEM ALL.

(B10) What’s more,this is what I do- I show him off because this is what the Lord God Almighty says:

I WILL RESCUE THOSE WHO LOVE ME
I WILL PROTECT THOSE WHO TRUST IN MY NAME.
WHEN THEY CALL ON ME, I WILL ANSWER;
I WILL BE WITH THEM IN TROUBLE.
I WILL RESCUE AND HONOUR THEM.
I WILL REWARD THEM WITH  LONG LIFE AND GIVE THEM MY SALVATION.
(And so far I have every reason...in fact I can attest to them all)

All these are contained in Psalm 91.

I believe you’ll gladly permit and even join me as we brag about him.

SO AS A BRAGGART OF GOD, I SAY:
P-L-E-A-S-E “LET ME BRAG ABOUT MY DAD.”

No comments: