Wednesday 1 August 2018

GOD'S SANDPAPER(FROM OUR DAILY BREAD)*_

(5-Year Anniv.🌻🙌🏻)

I loved the title just with a glimpse of it the day before.I sensed it was going to be good as usurp. And so here we go:
_My Friend's words stung.Trying to Sleep,I battled to stop muling over her pointed comments about my strong opinions. As I lay there, I asked for God's wisdom and peace._

_Several weeks later,still concerned about the matter, I prayed, "I hurt Lord,but show me where I need to change.Show me where she's right._

_My friend had acted as God's sandpaper in my life.My feelings felt rubbed raw,but I sensed that how I responded would lead to the building of my character-or not. My choice was to submit to the smoothing process,confessing my pride and stubborn stance. I sensed that my imperfections didn't glorify the Lord._

_King Solomon knew that life in community could be difficult, a theme he addressed in the *book of proverbs.In chapter 27,* we see his wisdom applied to relationships.He likens the sharp words between friends as iron sharpening iron: "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"v.17 shaving off the rough edges in each other's behaviour._

_The process may bring about wounds,such as the hurt I felt from my friend's words(v.6),but ultimately the Lord can use these words to help and encourage us to make needed changes in our attitude and behaviour._

_How might the Lord be smoothing out your rough edges for his glory?_

_The Lord Allows our rough edges to be smoothed over through the Sandpaper of Life._

_*Lord, this shaping process hurts but I want to submit to the process.Mould me and Smooth me*_🙏🏻

*SO I SAY:*
*THIS IS GOD'S SANDPAPER from OUR DAILY BREAD.*

No comments: