Friday 4 March 2016

'SUA ME...LEARN FROM ME' (PART 2)(1 COR.4:10-17, 11:1)

We continue with SUA ME!..LEARN FROM ME!
(As said intentionally using more of the TWI)

3nti wo nsua me ohn?... Won't you learn from me? (Just kidding once again)

Okay, so we ended yesterday on two (2) classical situations of what 'SUA ME' could mean.
Let's look at both situations once again:

" Hw3 mede3 sua me oo. Na s3 me de3 obiara nim s3 me dwo, me bu ade3,me p3 Nipa, me ny3 basabasa. Wo sua me a,3b3 boa wo ankasa"
(This literally means Hey, you better Learn from me oo.As for me, Everybody knows I'm calm, respectful, friendly and not a bad person. If you learn from me, it will really help you.)

The other one:
"Tie me wate. 3ny3 s3 me de3 me tene na 3mom y3 sua sua y3n ho. Ad3n nti na wa ma  abufuo ahy3 wo so saa. Aden nti na wo nsua wei nfiri me ho..."
(Please listen to me very well.  It's not to say I'm perfect in every sense but we learn from one another.
So, why have you allowed anger to control you.Why don't you learn this from me...)

What did you make out from both situations.(Share them here)

Now, this is my take on the above.
The first says 'SUA ME' but comes across as blowing his own horn though the attributes may be good. 
With that, it ceases to be an advice but bragging about good you're.  This makes its acceptance difficult.

The second  says the same thing of 'SUA ME' but in modesty, sincerety&most importantly drawing the person to his virtues& not herself.

This is exactly what Paul did when he told the church of Corinth to IMITATE him.Mind you the full statement was  IMITATE ME AS I IMITATE CHRIST.Thus, he directed them to the Most high& not himself.

Now, situations such as Paul's may happen in our lives but it shouldn't give us the leeway to brag.
Don't be like “The lizard that jumped from the high iroko tree to the ground & said he would praise himself if no one else did.”


Mind you, there is a THIN LINE between the two situations

Now, we all know that our God is indescribably endowed with an avalanche of attributes.
He deserved all our praises yet he doesn't force us to.  He only tells WE ARE TO OBEY YET DOESN'T BIND US TO. 

Jesus in his three(3)  year ministry sometimes declared that he was the SON OF GOD yet he didn't force it down their throats. The evidence was in the fruits he bore 

This is exactly what Paul did. He could say brethren 'SUA ME'(Learn from me) because he had yielded his entire life to the greater one.
If you want others to imitate you then imitate JESUS CHRIST
(THAT IS JUST THE QUALIFICATION YOU NEED TO SAY 'SUA ME')

'As we imitate him, he tells that in all humility, modesty, selflessness &love; we should by our  lives, intentions&approaches draw others to him.'
(FROM THIS, I SAY BE SOMEONE TO LEARN FROM)   

'S3 y3 sua )no a, )ma y3n firi ahobrase3,akoma pa so, )d) kwan so, ma y3n abrabo, tirimu p) ne akwanuasa so twe akra ba ne ky3n'
(Y3 OBI A, Y3 B3 TUMI ASUA NO)

SO I SAY IN ALL HUMILITY,MODESTY &LOVE:
'SUA ME'
 

No comments: