Tuesday 10 January 2017

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CHURCH(ON RRR)



Inching into the Month of December, we are all filled with excitement, thrills & gratitude.
I am too.

The reasons are the obvious... it's almost the end of the year and we're all thankful to God for that.

Although, there are special times in the year, December is when all the parties, celebrations, merry making, fun...I mean the real fun are finalized.

Speaking of that, Christ has already finalized the redemptive work on the cross for us &that makes the whole celebration VERY SPECIAL.

So as my teeth crack the bone, my head nods & my feet taps to that melodious song whiles enjoying the 'PRO BONO' play, I pause for a moment...

It's the 30th of December. A peep into the coming year and RRR stares you right in the face.

Oooh No..not again...So is my bouncy face about to undergo some slimming course???

Looking at the enjoyment now, this 1,814,400 secs of.../eerhmm 30,240 mins/ okay...504 hrs/ I mean 3 weeks or simply 21 days of fasting will require the TRIUNE GOD himself to make it.

Fast Forward into the new year- let's say 21st January& by this time, I'm quite if not well acquainted with the FAST.

At this time, the Fasting is not an issue 'koraa'. 'Hw3,' by this time I'm in my second week pushing into my third...'3na me huri so me yiedie a, wo se s3n. '

More  so, since the heart is already prepared for the programme,  almost everyone is possessed with the following ANOINTING:
Punctuality, Effective Participation, Attentiveness, Commitment, Prayer, Zeal, No excuses, Extra Mile...(& the other forms of ANOINTING)

Once again, I am too. Now, isn't that awesome!!!

I saw one man eee, the way he was praying eee, STOP, he had gotten the job.
Ooh the lady 'gyae' she had already 'collected' her marriage ooo.
The young teen had just keyed in on the exams success button.

SO,...SO,...

NOW,

*WHY IS THE SEAT EMPTY WITHOUT ME?

*WHY HAVE MY COMMITMENT LEVELS SUDDENLY WANED TO A ZERO IF NOT NEGATIVE?

*WHY AM I TRYING...IN FACT FORCING TO GET EXCUSES FOR GOD?

*WHY AIN'T WE GOING THE EXTRA MILE  FOR THE SAME GOD ANY LONGER?

Simply,
*WHY HAVE MY YEAR ENDED WITH RRR?
AGAIN,
*WHERE DID ALL THE VIM& VIGOUR GO?

* WHERE DID ALL THE INVIGORATING PRAYERS EVAPORATE TO?

Simply,
*WHERE DID THAT RRR MENTALITY GO?

I Stress on these:
*WHY HAVE MY YEAR ENDED WITH RRR?

*WHERE DID THAT RRR MENTALITY GO?

BELOVED, THE SOLUTION IS IN THE ABOVE QUESTIONS.
I BELIEVE IF WE ARE TO APPROACH EVERY YEAR WITH A SLICE OF THE 'RRR' MENTALITY; OUR YEARS WILL CONTINUALLY BE POINTING UPWARD.

Let it shoot you up in life


I WON'T GO ANY FURTHER BUT WOULD WANT THE ABOVE QUESTIONS TO PROVIDE  YOU WITH ALL THE NEEDED SOLUTIONS.

REMEMBER, GOD HAS ALREADY WORKED IN US BOTH TO WILL&TO DO HIS GOOD  PLEASURE.
OURS IS TO WORK OUT OUR SALVATION WITH FEAR&TREMBLING (PHIL.2:12-13)

THIS IS MY OPEN LETTER TO THE CHURCH (TBC) ON THE MOMENT OF REFLECTION, RECONCILIATION&RESTORATION THAT JUST EBBED AWAY.

THANK YOU &GOD BLESS YOU!!!


NB: Moments of Reflection, Reconciliation, Restoration (RRR) is an annual prayer and Fasting Programme that opens the year for members of Trinity Baptist Church, Patasi Depot, Kumasi.


No comments: