Wednesday 18 October 2017

I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN(@jmettle Inspired)

I was watching Joe Mettle's rendition of the old spiritual song 'This is the Air i breathe' & i felt sooo GOOD. Like we say- in the spirit._I felt really good with these words falling out... *I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN*

And that takes us to the message for today. What are you thinking?... I want to go to Heaven because life is too hard& i want to avoid the troubles thereof. You may not be so wrong when we look at it this way...

I am sure when i 'snap out' of the above song& you ask me on a 'normal' day whether i would, my answer will be different.

ooh it is not like that oo.As for heaven de3 we all want to go but you see i need to enjoy life some, get a fat paying job,get married,enjoy the sex,do some travels& also make an impact here on earth(might even be different from fulfilling your actual purpose)...Then,we make it to heaven_ 

I want to go to Heaven NOT because Life is hard,not because of its troubles or that the christian life seems boring. I want to go to Heaven just because I want to experience God more and more and more.



This is exactly what i felt when i got engrossed in this old powerful song.   I couldn't stop...the feeling was inexpressible.And this is the 'meat'/pivot of today's message.That the main aim of our going to heaven is to Glorify GOD. After all, that is what we will do there(Rev. 4).The other reasons are good but should be secondary.

On September 6,2016, i asked a title question about the christian life on my 'On This  morning(OTM)' -*Isn't it Boring?*

This was my answer
Beloved,finding out who we are& what we are wired to do is the answer to this seemingly believable question_I don't think the christian life is boring 'anymore'.I think about why God created us,what he originally designed us for- personal relationship&to Glorify him.You feel whole because you're connecting back to your SOURCE_

Will it be boring to say or do the same thing over and over and over?...Not when you are in the presence of the one you love. So sweet as a honeycomb.

*SO I SAY:*
*DO YOU WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN?...*

The song is below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJfNiQVbvo&feature=youtube_gdata_playe


No comments: