Thursday 22 September 2016

MUSIC SERIES-THE BASICS (PART 2)

๐ŸŽต I will sing, yes, I will praise, even in my darkest hour...through the sorrow& the pain.I will sing...๐ŸŽต(Don Moen-I will sing)


We continue the BASICS on the Music Series.

* For those TECHNICAL terms like notes,chord,key,clasical, soprano, staggato, octave,quartert,opera&  the rest I'll leave it to the Music people like  Eyako, K.K& Pkay to explain.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

* MUSIC GENRES/STYLE
I believe any Genre of music can be used to Glorify God. Unless there is something I've not found yet.
Maybe HIP POP&its roots as said before. I'll Find out more for later.
Primarily, I believe it's a matter of culture& we should be guided by that.(What's  Hardcore Punk Genre to my mum-Nana Afia Achiaa๐Ÿ˜‚...except God comes in oo)
Some other Genres:
Blues, Classicals,Rock, Country, Rap,Pop, Jazz, Praise&Worship, *CONTEMPORARY& TRADITIONAL(More on these two later)
Check for more- http://(www.musicgenreslist.com)



Then we LOOK AT:
*ADORATION(adorare) is an aspect of Worship. It's said to be the highest form of worship.It's an intense admirationculminating in reverence&worship.
Simply, when someone says 'I ADORE you... Apart from its beauty&unconditionality, it magnifies LOVE in its entirety. (It's just TOO MUCH)
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER GOD

*PRAISE(yadah )is aptly littered throughout scripture.
-Webster defines the word praise as TO SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT...
-To CALL ATTENTION to his glory .
-Basically, to express a heart of approval, admiration& gratitude.
-Being thankful to him&we forever are.

*WORSHIP (proskuneo) is “to fall down before” or “bow down before.”
Worship is more than a song. We have heard  this through Music. Well and it's more than a Genre. It is a lifestyle. Your entire life is Worship unto God.
And so as we meet, we offer the totality of our lives.(WORSHIP)
Music is not the only way we do this but it is one of the keys mediums to.  


SO I SAY:
THIS IS THE MUSIC SERIES-THE BASICS

#Nextweek-Wed to Sun-MUSIC FESTIVAL(@TrinityBaptistPatasiDepot)

No comments: