Wednesday 13 July 2016

'WHY CAN'T YOU SLEEP?'(Prov. 3:24)

Hehe... Okay, So tell me Why Can't you Sleep?
Is it because of the hardness of your bed, the witches in your family or that girl 'no'?

Oh sorry if I'm trivialising such a serious matter of yours. Come to think of it, it could be true oo.
For me I can't sleep because as always i have to get this devotion ready for you everyday.

So I can see you're thinking really hard this evening.

WHY CAN'T YOU SLEEP???
 

For many of us, we go to bed every night tossing, turning, fluffing &pounding the pillow. That is where we exert all our frustrations.

The Guilt,Joblessness, School fees, Utility expenses, Singlehood, Marriage issues, Constant failures, Fear of ejection, Fear of the devil & his witty schemes constitute a fraction of the many familiar reasons.

These gamut of issues raise their discorded ugly tunes every night keeping you company.

With these, HOW CAN YOU SLEEP? 

Indeed, practically many don't sleep  throughout the night. In fact, worrying and being consumed in deep thoughts have become a normal thing. They are TOTALLY CRIPPLED BY THE TROUBLES OF THIS LIFE. 

My simple question which is also an answer:
HOW HAS ALL THESE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEMS???

The Bible tells us in Matthew 6
"Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?.... Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink....Is not life more than food..."

The Lord LOVES you.
He CARES about you.
He PERFECTLY UNDERSTANDS you.

Now it isn't that the Lord has not seen the many problems causing your inability to sleep. Yes, it is a heavy burden but beloved, many at times, we just worry too much.
The message is very simple- In those difficult times what God is asking you to do is Just to TRUST in him.

Trust that he who knows the number of hairs on your head always has you in mind and will bring all those storms to a smooth halt.

Just TRUST HIM...Let all the worries go. Remember, Worry has never been a Problem solver. It only comes to caress your problems whiles draining and sinking you further. In this case, the cheapest you will get is INSOMNIA.

Again, TRUST in Him, TRUST in his word which says:

Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord Himself, is the Rock eternal.” (isaiah 26:3-4) 

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety."(Psalm 4:8)


“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” (Psalm 56:3)

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." (Isaiah 40:29)

"I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me." (Psalm 3:4-5)

Therefore, whatever it is, the WORK-IS-IN-PROGRESS...In fact, it is almost done. Don't miss out just because the above title was repeatedly asked about you.
God has always given you a life of HOPE&FUTURE...A life to live to the FULLEST.

These are his words for you today. Go to Sleep trusting that God has this concerning you& is able to do all things. 

SO I SAY:
WHEN YOU LIE DOWN, YOU WILL NOT BE AFRAID;
WHEN YOU LIE DOWN, YOUR SLEEP WILL BE SWEET.(PROV.3:24-26)

No comments: